Every day, more people are shifting toward a plant-based diet without meat, eggs, and dairy products, as well as avoiding animal products in their cosmetics, clothing, and other household items. Here is the
the definitive work on vegan nutrition to help make the transition to a completely plant-based diet as knowledgble and safely as possible.
Two of North America's foremost vegetarian dietitians present the latest findings on:
1) how a vegan diet protects against chronic illnesses
2) getting all the protein you need without meat or dairy products
3) why "good" fats are important
4) meeting your needs for calcium without dairy products
5) what vegans need to know about vitamin B12
6) balanced vegan diets for infants, children, and seniors
7) achieving peak performance as a vegan athlete
8) Considerations for healthy weight maintenance
9) Pregnancy and breast-feeding tips for moms
Also included is the Vegan Food Guide which shows you at a glance how to get all your nutrition in daily meals.